Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Honoring the American eagle

It's been said before by numerous people but it is worth saying again .... hair loss is D I S G U S T I N G.

All the literature I received said that hair loss would occur in 14-21 days. Right on target.

As I sit here on day 20 of my chemo adventure I can tell you They nailed it. My hair loss in the last 48 hours overwhelmed me. I was really hoping I would benefit from my genetically thick hair & just keep it thin and sleek.

I decided this morning when I woke up and LOOKED like a cancer patient that I'd had enough.

The girls & I had fun this morning trying on wig options. Georgia could pass as Billy Ray Cirus' child.

This afternoon I accepted I will be bald for Easter ... & yes, I am planning on painting my head. As such, I decided to get this freaking hair off my head and got my head shaved this afternoon. I decided I would rather be bald than look like a chemo patient.

As always, there still an upside. The American cancer society has contacted me about doing a news promo spot for the Pantene wig I received. I could become famous! Hahahaha


1 comment:

Nancy Nicholasf said...

Just look at you! Could you be any cuter?
It is so like you to throw a positive spin on a negitive situation! You are modeling such strength for your daughters! You go girl! (BTW include me in your blog or message me where to locate it.) Also, congrats on almost being famous, just don't forger us little people when you make the big time.