Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Batter up!



1st cancer chemo treatment cycle down. #2 round today & then only 6 more to go - yippee!

So everyone asks how ya doing? All I can say that chemo "is not my favorite" ( as Gigi likes to to say about things that she hates like broccoli).

I was blessed with round #1 with minimal side effects. I'm praying that my luck continues with round #2. Plus this time I know what to expect & WHeN to expect it...

Day 1 - queasy. Antibnasua meds take care of it

Day 2 - nothing exciting to report. Waiting for excruciating bone pain to happen - nothing.

Days 3&4 - good but sooo tired. 3 naps a day help!

Day 5 - back to work. Tired but good.

Thought I was home free. Surprise!

See, what the med peeps don't warn you about is the ~timeframe~ for everything. You might be some ideas that certain things will happen on certain days but I had some surprises ...

Neulasta! I took the warnings seriously when both my physician and nurse warned me about bone pain after the Neulasta. I was told to expect is Saturday night. it came & went & I thought I was home free. what they failed to mention was that it may also kick in when your white cells bottom out 8-10!days later. Mine began day 7 after the dose and persisted for 2+ days. imagine random pains in my sternum (crushing chest pains ) you might be having a heart attack followed byrandom back spasms which felt like I thru my back out, followed by worstmenstrual cramps ever, followed by a walking like a ninety year-old with rheumatoid arthritis. Aand having it last for 2 1/2 days. :)

Now I wait on my hair. I still have it!!! Now I still have another 1- 5 days before it may happen. I just keep tugging on it in the morning and so far it's staying put.

I feel grateful my body feels great - that's my good news!

In celebration of still having hair. Here's a "so good, so easy" for you that involves hair

ANGEL "HAIr" AGLIO OLIO
Maggiano's Little Italy Copycat Recipe

Serves 2

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 pound angel hair pasta, cooked

Add to skillet oil, garlic, red pepper and saute for 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and 1/4 cup of pasta water, salt and black pepper, toss and server immediately

1 comment:

Tara McPherson said...

Continue to love and admire you from afar.... Hugs.