Friday, April 12, 2013

Living my [ab]normal life



Hello to all! Sorry if I have been AwOl, but I've been busy. Living. My life.

Its been in the 70s here. We've got the convertible out for church on Sunday, went to the donut store & zoo after. Was I bone tired from chemo last week Thursday? Yes. But I tried a new technique of not sitting down so I could get things done & it seemed to work. I even got a bit randy and stopped at Home Depot and bought mulch to start the front yard project. It's not finished but its started!

In the meantime, my cancer journey continues. I wish I was done with Chemo. I hate it. Going to the cancer center gives me a visceral reaction. I get nauseous just driving there.

Now, thats just me being whiny. I don't have a real reason to complain compared to what my sister & others have to go through. I have got it easy in the chemo world. My side effects are minimal: I suffer from the queasies & bone jarring exhaustion. The exhaustion seems to take a little longer to go away each time but that's it. I did get an iron infusion (Venofer) to help with my low iron/tiredness. Not a bad experience but why can't the dr just prescribe a nice steak dinner? 😁🐮🐮🐮. I try to take care of the queasies with regular trips to McAllisters deli or Chipotles.

I have not read thru all my anti-cancer books or started cooking new foods because I'm too TIRED to read or concentrate. I try to save my powers of concentration for the office. I cook dinner as fast as I can some nights & dream of going to bed. Don't call me after 8pm because I'm pretty much guaranteed to be in bed by then. I've missed all my favorite 10pm TV shows b/c I'm long asleep. I should figure out how to record them so I can watch them at 4am when I'm wide awake. Yep chemo induced exhaustion with a side of insomnia. What a kicker, huh?

I have one more dose of my current cocktail then switch to the next flavor -word is that the 2nd cocktail will be easier. I still have chemo every other week til June 13 =
April 18 - Adriamycin, cisplatin chemo cocktail
May 2 - Taxol chemo cocktail
May 16 - Taxol chemo cocktail
May 30 - Taxol chemo cocktail
June 13 - Taxol chemo cocktail

& in the mean time soccer begins next week! and will keep us busy & be on a soccer field every weekend from next Saturday (April 20th) to Saturday June 8th.. . And yes my crack-a-lakin self is coaching again!

So know I am alive & well and occasionally dozing with my eyes open and as much as you love me & are worrying, I'm doing okay and I love you right back 10x to the moon!

No comments: