Saturday, February 2, 2013

Accepting the love


So last week I finally sat down & cried. A good old sit at the table with my head down gut wrenching sobs cry. What triggered it? Perfect strangers want to clean my house - empty my cat box - even fold my laundry - for free!  This organization - Cleaning for a Reason - puts cancer patients in contact with local cleaning companies who donate their time to cancer patients.  Perfect strangers. Me.  

Now most people who know me know I am independent; I believe I may have even been called stubborn on occasion. So accepting the love, kindness & generosity from my friends & family, and yes, even perfect strangers, has been one of the  biggest struggles for me in this journey.  Even though I would absolutely anything for those I care about, its difficult to accept it in return.  So thank you & bear with me.

I could't find an "Accepting the Love"recipe, but I think this recipe for Italian LOVE cake is pretty darn close:


Ingredients:
1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake
mix
2 pints part-skim ricotta cheese
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate
pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped
topping, thawed
Directions:
1.Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour batter into 9 x 13 x 2 inch greased baking dish. Set aside.
2.Combine ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well. Spread mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter.
3.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 75 minutes if using a glass baking dish, 90 minutes if using a metal pan.
4.Blend pudding mix and milk until thickened. Blend in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake.
 

No comments: